Friday, March 30, 2012

managed objects

Hello people :-)

I'm doing some development work with Visual Studio 2005 and SQLServer 2000. My SQL DB is running on a Windows 2000 Server box in the office, and I'm doing the development on my XPPro workstation. Now I've been trying to connect to the Win2000 box though VS and although I can see the server and the DB when I hit ok I get this error

"The SQL server specified by these connection propertise does not support managed objects"

What the heck does that mean?

any help would be great :-)Well when you are using VS2005 it assumes you are connecting to SQL Server 2005, quick fix I think is to install .NET framework 2.0 in the Win2k server and make sure IIS is running even if you are not using it. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment