Friday, March 30, 2012

Manage SQL server accross WAN?

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience managing a SQL 2000 server behind a a locked
down router? I have to move a SQL server into a secure DMZ and give access
to it from an internal netework. If I open TCP port 1433 and UDP 1434 will
this allow SQL management using Enterprise Manager installed on the remote
client?
Thanks in advance....."mostro" <mostro@.nospam.com> wrote in
news:f7SdnVXY5ffkzhvenZ2dnUVZ_vydnZ2d@.ad
elphia.com:

> Has anyone had any experience managing a SQL 2000 server behind a a
> locked down router? I have to move a SQL server into a secure DMZ and
> give access to it from an internal netework. If I open TCP port 1433
> and UDP 1434 will this allow SQL management using Enterprise Manager
> installed on the remote client?
I do think you only need TCP 1433 to work with SQL Server, and yes it
should work.
Ole Kristian Bangs
MCT, MCDBA, MCDST, MCSE:Security, MCSE:Messaging

No comments:

Post a Comment