Friday, March 30, 2012

Managed Identity Ranges in Merge Replication

Hi,
Over the weekend I was taking advantage of system down time and made some
changes to my merge replication database.
The changes were all successful until this morning I get users who are
getting duplicate key error messages. I have verified that the duplicate
key is causing the error.
The remote locations have all been assigned there identity ranges, but it
appears that some cross-over has occurred from the previous ranges and
values. I thought SQL would look in the range assigned for the next
available number and use that. However, it appears that each subscriber is
using the next incremental number within their respective range. That is
the problem and I don't know what to do next.....Suggestions?
WB
What changes did you make to your merge replication database?
"WB" <none> wrote in message news:%23h30yd8MFHA.2136@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
> Over the weekend I was taking advantage of system down time and made some
> changes to my merge replication database.
> The changes were all successful until this morning I get users who are
> getting duplicate key error messages. I have verified that the duplicate
> key is causing the error.
> The remote locations have all been assigned there identity ranges, but it
> appears that some cross-over has occurred from the previous ranges and
> values. I thought SQL would look in the range assigned for the next
> available number and use that. However, it appears that each subscriber
is
> using the next incremental number within their respective range. That is
> the problem and I don't know what to do next.....Suggestions?
> WB
>
|||I added a new column to one table and changed the PK on the same table.
other changes included changing the field length on a few columns and
creating a new table
"Mike Jansen" <mjansen_nntp@.mail.com> wrote in message
news:e9YK$79MFHA.2680@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> What changes did you make to your merge replication database?
>
> "WB" <none> wrote in message
news:%23h30yd8MFHA.2136@.TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
some[vbcol=seagreen]
duplicate[vbcol=seagreen]
it[vbcol=seagreen]
> is
is
>
sql

No comments:

Post a Comment