Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Malicious User

Not sure if its the right place..but need help cracking this...Just
inherited a bad place......
Users access a certain share point site and browse a directory for a host of
folders.This afternoon one of the folders was deleted which has loads of
subfolders(as it is a sharepoint server).....now I need to find out who thi
s
kool dude is!...
What I have now: System state backup of the Machine,SQL full backup and the
backup(SQL and System) just after the files have
been deleted.
All I have is just Auditing for success and failure but nothing with object
access,didnt think if it would matter even if
object acess was enabled...
now...with the given situation...how do I get to this dude?Can someone
enrich my novice knowledge please?SQL server security...what do i look for
and where?
thanks
maverickHi maverick,
Not sure how Sharepoint works with SQL Server in this case but to find
out what people are using on the SQL Server level you should be using
SQL Profiler to capture a trace of all activity carried out against the
SQL Server. Hope this helps.
Jonathan
maverick wrote:
> Not sure if its the right place..but need help cracking this...Just
> inherited a bad place......
> Users access a certain share point site and browse a directory for a host
of
> folders.This afternoon one of the folders was deleted which has loads of
> subfolders(as it is a sharepoint server).....now I need to find out who t
his
> kool dude is!...
>
> What I have now: System state backup of the Machine,SQL full backup and th
e
> backup(SQL and System) just after the files have
> been deleted.
> All I have is just Auditing for success and failure but nothing with objec
t
> access,didnt think if it would matter even if
> object acess was enabled...
> now...with the given situation...how do I get to this dude?Can someone
> enrich my novice knowledge please?SQL server security...what do i look for
> and where?
>
> thanks
> maverick

No comments:

Post a Comment