Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Making SQL Server 2005 reachable from the Internet

Hello!
I've got SQL Server 2005 Standard Edition Community Technology Preview and I'm wondering how can reach it from the internet?
The thing is that I've got a laptop that I want to be able to connect to the SQL Server that is on my stational computer at home. Since I want to be able to work on the same data both at home and on my laptop when I'm not home, I need to be able to reach it from the internet.
Thanks in advance!
Martin Lundberg
Student, Sweden
Here's another old thread that I'm moving to a better home.|||OK, don′t know if you are still interested in the solution , but you should have a look on port forwarding on your router (iof you have one) If you are directly connected to the internet you just have to use port 1433 (by default, or this one you have chosen)

HTH, jens Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

No comments:

Post a Comment