Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Manage Images dinamically

I've got two problems:
First problem
I've got a report with images inside. These images are referenced by phisical path in a db field. This path can change dinamically at runtime so i need to allow report to link the referenced images.
Is there a way to do this..?
Any suggestion is apprecied

Second problem
Is possible to get HDC (Handle Device Contest) of any objects inside the report..? I've to write an image into an object (if it's an image object is better) by an OCX control. If it's possible could i've some example about it..?

Thanks in advanced for any suggestion

Walter & DarioHa Walter,
Check out the Crystal example for this runtime picture load example,
(Crystal Decisions Technical Support - CR9_VB_RDC_LoadPic.exe)
It works.
Sorry can't help with the second point.

Cheers Phil.|||Ok, first of all Thanks Phil, that really does work, now I can finally use all my <EmployeeNr>.jpg 's in my detail section ;)

But my problem is now that this only work while I keep de Crystal report in my VB Project... And inserting a picture which is a whole A4 (it are certificates so) results in my compiled project file growing from 1,5Mb to 12Mb !!!

So I have to find a way to decrease this...
So I thought up a couple of things :
1) Use a external report, but that won't work because of the VB code needed in the report
2) Use a blank image @. start, but this doesn't help
3) Use a small image and recode the height and width of de imagefield, but everytime I try this I get Permission Denied and I can't find a way around that...

I'm lost... Been trying to get it right for 3 days straight, but...
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment