Monday, March 26, 2012

Making report add in work

Good day

I have been trying to install some type of reporting service . I have found a add in for web developer 2005 express . I drag the nessesay onto my form from the tool box and data table , but when I test the application all I get is xml , like below. Have I left something out. sorry I forgot to add that I also get this error on the default page-

  • An error has occurred during report processing.
  • ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetDatabyShipsID' that has no parameters.

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

    -<Report xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sqlserver/reporting/2005/01/reportdefinition" xmlns:rd="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SQLServer/reporting/reportdesigner">

    -<DataSources>

    -<DataSource Name="ConnectionString">

    +<ConnectionProperties>

    <ConnectString/>

    <DataProvider>SQL</DataProvider>

    </ConnectionProperties>

    <rd:DataSourceID>baa3d63e-0dc9-43cf-9477-0040139b2ea1</rd:DataSourceID>

    </DataSource>

    </DataSources>

    <BottomMargin>2.5cm</BottomMargin>

    <RightMargin>2.5cm</RightMargin>

    Hi;

    Ok from the error message you are getting ie. "An error has occurred during report processing.

  • ObjectDataSource 'ObjectDataSource1' could not find a non-generic method 'GetDatabyShipsID' that has no parameters." the error seems to indicate that the datasource you are using (ObjectDataSOurce1) is supposed to call a method called "GetDatebyShipsID" that has no parameters. Check if you have that method and add select parameters to your datasource.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment