Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Manage Indexes in Sql 2005

Hi,

I'm currently migrating to Sql 2005 from 2000 and have a quick question about indexes.

In 2000 i used to click on Table > All Tasks > Manage Indexes... to view and create all my table indexes. There doesn't seem to be anything similar in 2005 Management Studio. I thought it was under Table > Modify but there's nothing there for indexes. I've had to create all my indexes manually through t-sql but this doesn't help when needing to view and manage current indexes.

Can anyone help me on this?

If you go to Modify the table, you'll notice 'Table Designer' on the menu bar, there's 'Indexes/keys', it's also one of the icon on the tool bar.

If you just want to simply view the indexesof a table on the object exploere, you can going down the hierarchy tree of a table, it's one node below triggers.

|||

Excellent, thanks very much.

I didn't realise there were more options underneath the table tree, i normally right click the table for all options.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment