Friday, March 30, 2012

Manage Triggers...

Is there one place where I can manage all triggers?
When I come in on Monday mornings - I would like to take a
quick glance to see if all the updates where done.
Thanks,
Lynn.
I was thinking there might be a modified column in the
Server Enterprise Manager - I do not see such a column.You can manage a table's trigger right-clicking on a table
in EM then All Tasks Then Manage Triggers...
If you need to take a look at all your triggers then you
can can use this script :
select object_name(parent_obj) TableName, name TriggerName
from sysobjects where xtype = 'TR'
>--Original Message--
>Is there one place where I can manage all triggers?
>When I come in on Monday mornings - I would like to take
a
>quick glance to see if all the updates where done.
>Thanks,
>Lynn.
>I was thinking there might be a modified column in the
>Server Enterprise Manager - I do not see such a column.
>.
>|||You mean you want to verify when a trigger ran? You can add the logic into
the trigger to store the date/time it ran into a modified column of the
table, if that is not what you are looking for, please reply.
HTH
--
Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA
--
"Lynn Pennington" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:000401c3d3a5$f5e891b0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
> Is there one place where I can manage all triggers?
> When I come in on Monday mornings - I would like to take a
> quick glance to see if all the updates where done.
> Thanks,
> Lynn.
> I was thinking there might be a modified column in the
> Server Enterprise Manager - I do not see such a column.|||Ray.
Yes - I want to make sure the trigger ran.
So I add a datetime field to the table?
Thanks,
Lynn.
>--Original Message--
>You mean you want to verify when a trigger ran? You can
add the logic into
>the trigger to store the date/time it ran into a modified
column of the
>table, if that is not what you are looking for, please
reply.
>HTH
>--
>Ray Higdon MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA
>--
>"Lynn Pennington" <anonymous@.discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message
>news:000401c3d3a5$f5e891b0$a301280a@.phx.gbl...
>> Is there one place where I can manage all triggers?
>> When I come in on Monday mornings - I would like to
take a
>> quick glance to see if all the updates where done.
>> Thanks,
>> Lynn.
>> I was thinking there might be a modified column in the
>> Server Enterprise Manager - I do not see such a column.
>
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment