Friday, March 30, 2012

Manage SQL 2000 services/network settings

Is there any way to manage services and network settings for SQL Server 2000 by SMO?

I need to start/stop services , change logon account, manage network protocols.

For SQL 2005 it can be easily done by using classes from SMO.Wmi namespace, as far as I see.

So what about 2000? Should I use DMO libraries and if so, how can I perform that tasks?

Alexander, SQL 2000 uses the Service Manager for setting the login account and start/stop services, so I'd think the same WMI functionality that allows you to manage services will work for the SQL 2000 service. As far as managing SQL Server 2000, it's fully supported in SMO.|||

As far as I see, sql 2000 instances cannot be managed by using Wmi provider.

For example,

(new ManagedComputer("myCompName")).Services

collection will not contain SQL 2000 services.

That's why I'm asking.)

No comments:

Post a Comment